HOTEL use has been approved for a vacant B-listed building in the Merchant City.
Glasgow planners have granted a change-of-use application submitted for premises on the corner of Glassford Street and Wilson Street.
The building, which dates from 1908, was last used as a restaurant — Mamafubu — at basement and ground floor; chef’s training school and licensed delicatessen at first floor; and ancillary office space at the second, third, and fourth floors.
A statement included with the application explained: “This proposal will create a 31-bed hotel, with a bar and reception area on the ground floor and a small kitchen area within the basement.
“The bar will be open to both customers and members of the public, with the kitchen providing food to the bar as well as room service.”
There will be no alterations to either frontage, along Glassford Street or Wilson Street.