AROUND £1.6million has been secured to transform space at Glasgow’s historic Briggait building.
The money, from a Scottish Government regeneration fund, will go towards the Briggait Clydeside Market Halls project.
A report updating Glasgow City councillors states that 1,200 square metres of underutilised space at the A-listed building will be restored.
It continues: “It will transform the building into an inspirational creative industries hub and market hall destination with a food and drink offer, reconnecting Glasgow’s City Centre historic landmark to the river and the local community.”
The Briggait, between Bridgegate and Clyde Street, was built in 1873 and was the city’s fish market for more than a century.