A FORMER church in Pollokshields which became a care home and children’s nursery is now being lined up for residential use.
The B-listed premises on Shields Road at Nithsdale Road would be turned into 17 flats under the plan, if approved by Glasgow City Council.
There would be part-demolition of an extension along with construction of a new extension.
A statement submiitted with the planning application explains: “The proposed design will maintain the key features of the listed building, and enhance its existing landscape setting, contributing to the quality of the townscape and enhancing the character and appearance of the Conservation Area.”
“Minimal alterations are proposed to the external elevations, with the design ethos for the conversion led by the retention of the existing architectural features.”
There would be a mixture of one, two and three-bedroom apartments.
The building was formerly Pollokshields West Church and was constructed between 1875 and 1879.